Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

A Walk to Remember

I walk to remember
the steps you'll never take.
I carry you with me
as I firmly plant my feet.

Our trek started long ago,
before my belly swelled.
You were a love that grew-
like butterfly wings that beat.
You'r gentle flutters then became
kicks upon which I would dwell
And I would talk to you , sweet babe,
about the world you soon would meet.

The sun always shone upon us then-
when you were in my womb.
And I was eager to show you the world
that would have been your home.
How you'd have loved the sun shining-
blue skies without a cloud.
The autumn leaves turning-
the snow falling all around.
The flowers in the summer-
would have filled your eyes with smiles.
And the rain that might have fallen
would have caused you great surprise.

You would have traveled far with me.-
holding me by the hand.
And I'd have shown you all I could-
more than I can imagine.

You hold my HEART tightly now,
as though we're holding hands.
How far we've traveled, little one-
and my life with you has been sweet.
For I carry you in my heart,
as I firmly plant my feet.

-Kathie Rataj Mayo

No comments:

Post a Comment