Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Father's Day 2012


Let me tell you a story
Dear child of mine
It's a story of you
Just as much of us

You started changing our lives
The moment we found out
That we were to be
Expecting you

We started trying to prepare
Anticipating your arrival
Making plans and wishes
Dreaming of how you would be

We hoped that you'd be
A pretty calm child
Knowing how excitable
Both of us are

Your mother hoped
You wouldn't be as stubborn
As we sometimes are
I hoped you had a small streak

I hoped you had
A talent for music
A love for the art
Your mother hoped

You had my smarts
We dreamed of your room
How it would look
What would be in it

Where you'd sleep
I started making sure
I was planning for you
For the future I wanted

To provide
Now you've left us
Parents still
But without you

Our little angel
I want others to know
Your story too
So that people understand

A parents true love
No matter how long
A child is with us
We are parents still

And forever more
We'll remember the love
We had for our child
No matter how many

Years go by
Their brothers and sisters
Will be told of the one
Missing but never forgotten

Always in our hearts
So know you are loved
Though you are gone
Know you changed us

Know you made us strong
Our love as parents 
Isn't based on one day
But the days we remember 

How you were cherished
And that everyday
You are in our thoughts
Loved and remembered

We are parents 
Because of you

-Father of Chase Austin Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment