Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Precious Moments

After experiencing the loss of our son, I found it difficult to wade through the sorrow back into every day life.  My son's smiles and laughter, the love our family felt towards each other, were beacons of strength that guided me through it all.  I feel proud to say that our little angel brought our family even closer together.  I cannot help but feel overwhelming love and thankfulness with each hug, kiss, and shared experience during the past year.
At Christmas, I purchased a Precious Moments figurine of a little boy laying on a cloud to rest on top of Justin Gabriel's urn as a symbol of his peaceful slumber.  Daddy never forgets to say hello, goodbye (when he goes to work) and goodnight (when we go to sleep) along with keeping his little light on.  Although, I could have never thought Justin Gabriel would be in our lives in this way, he will always be a part of us.

 

A wife who loses a husband is called a widow.
A husband who loses a wife is called a widower.
A child who loses a parent is called an orphan.
There is no word for a parent who loses a child.
That's how awful the loss is.

-Jay Neugeboren
(An Orphan's Tale)

No comments:

Post a Comment